Post Op Care Treatment
Liposuction Post-Surgical Recovery
Liposuction, BBL, & Tummy Tuck recovery
How your liposuction procedure is done depends on the specific technique that is used. Your surgeon will select the appropriate technique based on your treatment goals, the area of your body to be treated, and whether you have had other liposuction procedures in the past.
Most commonly the surgeon injects a sterile solution — a mixture of salt water, which aids fat removal, an anesthetic (lidocaine) to relieve pain and a drug (epinephrine) that causes the blood vessels to constrict — into the area that is being treated. The fluid mixture causes the affected area to swell and stiffen.
The surgeon then makes small cuts into your skin and inserts a thin tube called a cannula under your skin. The cannula is connected to a vacuum that suctions fat and fluids from your body.
Common side effects from Liposuction:
As with any major surgery, liposuction has side effects. The most common ones specific to liposuction include:
1. Edema & Swelling: Post-liposuction swelling typically reaches its maximum around 48 hours after your procedure but may not entirely dissipate for up to six-nine months.
2. Bruising: Bruises are broken down cellular debris and old red blood cells stuck in the tissues after surgery.
3. Seromas: Temporary pockets of fluid can form under the skin. This fluid is composed of blood plasma that has seeped out of ruptured small blood vessels and inflammatory fluid produced by injured dying cells. They are not hematomas, which contain red blood cells. Serous fluid is also different from the lymph. Seromas can gradually reabsorb over time. This can take days to weeks or even months. The problem of waiting a long period of time is that it keeps the skin stretched and more scar tissue is created underneath.
4. Fibrosis: After the trauma of surgery your body immediately sends immune cells and stabilizing proteins to heal the area. When these stabilizing structures, if allowed to build up, can cause lumps to form.
5. Scaring: When a surgery is performed lymphatic vessels are cut. Over time, lymph vessels will rebuild. But as scar tissue forms it can inhibit the proper function of these vessels, resulting in prolonged swelling, pain, reduced range of motion and numbness.
6. Contour irregularities & lumpiness: Your skin may appear bumpy, wavy, or withered due to uneven fat removal, poor skin elasticity and unusual healing.
TREATMENTS TO ENHANCE YOUR LIPOSUCTION RESULTS:
• Ultrasonic Cavitation
• Radio Frequency
• Wood Therapy
At Body by Mfaesthetics we are here to help you heal from your Liposuction so you can have the most optimal results. Please see How to Prepare for a successful Plastic Surgery and Lymphatic Drainage Therapy for Plastic Surgery Recovery for more information.
Our treatments are inspired by the idea that every body is different. At Body by MF Aesthetics, we offer a specialized approach to help you achieve your goals as fast as possible. Take a look at our different treatments and get in touch if you need help booking your packages made for you.